Friday, August 26, 2005

We Traveled up to the Top of A Mountain...Or Perhaps it was a Glimpse of Something More!


The trip up the side of this mountain was not my favorite thing in life! To travel for miles on a thin passage just wide enough for one vehicle, with a drop that went on forever was not a drive I enjoyed, nor did my family enjoy making it with me. Having said that...I would not have missed what was waiting for us. We must at times face our worst fears in order to find fulfillment and this was the case as we arrived at one of the most beautiful and peaceful places we have yet to travel this summer! The pass up was one you can only know by experience and so is true for the feelings you experience as you spend time walking the river, and the paths of this site. The hot springs were something we had yet to experience and it was amazing to sit and relax in such a simple pleasure. The calmness I received during this trip was to prepare me for my break from a summer filled with fun, laughter, tears, family, friends, and amazing memories and bring me back slowly into our world of schedules and life's expectations. I could not have asked for a better way to end my summer than to sit at the top of a mountain with new friends and talk, laugh, share, and breath the fresh air of a space filled with such powerful beauty. May we each take the time to challenge our fears and enjoy those simple rewards that are waiting for us within the world we live!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel up-to-date... Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

hahaa mom! it is good to face your fears! thanks for doing it! I had a blast that weekend. So thanks!
love/brit