Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Waiting & Reminiscing


I find myself with time on my hands. Something that is quite unusual at this point in my life. I am waiting, you see. Waiting for a blossom to open that waits until night when most people have settled in. This same plant, a cactus to be exact bloomed last year and we missed it! After waiting days, as the bud grew and grew, we woke one day to find that it had bloomed but it all had happened as we were tucked away inside for the night and we never had the chance to experience it's unveiling. This year we sit...waiting. A bit like waiting for the birthing hour. How we waited and waited so many years ago. Now to find that in months we will be the parents of not just one, but two adults.

Where has all the time gone and how do we sort through it all and decipher one year from the next? It all seems to have gone so fast and yet there were times in the middle of the night when we sat next to that child waiting for the homeopathy to kick in and relieve the fever and we wondered if the time would ever pass? Or the times we sat up all night waiting for the same children to arrive home safely from Prom. Where does the time go? Tonight I sit typing as I wait the beauty of a blossom. I sit with a smile across my heart as I have both my children home and as I recall the last several nights as we have sat around the table as a family, adding a few extra teens here and there as we discussed the world issues and explained how we would each change the world. As we sat enjoying the slowly prepared food from our kitchen and the hours of conversation as the sun sets and the moon shines brightly over us and I believe that as these nights have passed, that even the moon has smiled as it shone down upon us as we debated politics, life and books as our family always has and is able to once again in it's "whole".

So I sit and I am thankful that this blossom has given me the time to remember when. I am happy to have the time to peruse through pictures that have been taken and filed away as life has been too busy and if I am to be totally honest, I have set to the side so that I would not have to deal with life moving so fast. So, here it is in all it's raw beauty. The last several months...for those of you who have asked. No reason to get nervous over the silence. I always reappear when time helps me sort and I am able to deal with the next phase.

Blessings to you all-

3 comments:

piscesgrrl said...

Hey, you finally wrote! Goodie, I was needing a fix. I can't believe you are soon to have two adult children either! And I am still ever-watchful of all you who go before me, 'specially now that we're closing a chapter of our own and leaping into the next realm. I'm a bit panicky about it all - realizing, like you, I might need to retreat a while and grieve a bit before emerging with excitement for the next phase.

Cool pictures. I'm awed at the beauty of the flowers there!

Love,
L

piscesgrrl said...

Tag! You're it! 8 Things About Me meme. http://piscesgrrrl.blogspot.com/

piscesgrrl said...

Hey there - me again. :) I'm still waiting.. and reminiscing... about when you used to update your blog.... LOL