Friday, May 18, 2007

So...Spring has been full! Filled with fun, friends, work, cooking, exercise classes, and just life in general. I have had so many changes in my life over the last three years and it seems this will just continue. I cannot imagine what life would be like at this point without continual change. There has been much good as well as much sadness over the past few years. I sit back and I wonder at it all! I am most happy to have my Uncle with me these days as we spend time almost weekly on the phone chatting! It makes you realize what a gift you have when life almost takes one of your best friends away from you and I am happy to be reminded not to take my friends for granted any more. It may be days or months and sometimes longer before we see each other but friends should take the time to remind each other just how important they are. I hope you each know even if I have not mentioned it for some time, that you are all very important in my life and the lives of my children and for that I am happy and thankful!!! So...Spring has been good. With it has come new beginnings just as it should! I was able to reconnect with my brother during a brief visit in the city! It was sooo good to have some time with him. We had not seen each other in a couple of years and it so makes a difference when you can see somebody and sit with them and share with them as you eat, laugh and just catch up!!! The children kept me busy as usual which is one of my favorite parts of life!!! What would my life be like without them? Wayno and I are spending more and more time together without children as we are getting closer to being empty-nesters and with Bry living else where and Brit out and about, we have time to spend one on one. We have had fun with friends, enjoying live music at a small patio cafe and taking trips to the nearby parks. It has been fun meeting up with friends at local coffee shops as well as teaching euchre to some. My work has kept me busy and this too is good. It has been quite the adjustment to return to working outside the home for the last two years but I try to keep up with it as well as life at home. I spend more time learning to take care of me which is a change since I have spent so much time as a homeschool mom...cooking, teaching, driving, cleaning, etc. Now it has become important to give back to myself and I am learning to do this with the help of my girlfriends. My favorite Saturdays are spent rising early to have coffee and then head off to the Farmers Market to gather up beautiful produce of many colors! I was happy to find cactus, blackberries, stone fruit, radishes, etc. to fill my bag yesterday. I then love to head to the gym and return home later as the children are rising. I have begun to take yoga classes again after many years and love the challenges my teachers give me. I am spending more and more time in the gardens which always gives me pure joy! I have planted container veggies this Spring as well as herbs and am anxious to begin using them all! Over all, change has slid me nicely into a more balanced space then I have been in the past. I love spending quality time with my children when they are available and am enjoying having more one on one time with Wayno. I have more time with friends and time when I can just be me! Spring has brought for me the appreciation of life and for this I am thankful!

No comments: