Monday, January 16, 2006

In Just A Blink of the Eye


It seems it was moments ago Wayne was telling me it was time to call our family and friends and let them know we had a baby boy! This little babe, who looked so old the nurses kept saying. Not even like a newborn! Where has all the time gone? Can he now be an adult and ready to wander out on his own? I just turned and saw him taking his first step and I know he just said his first word momnets ago. He was so proud the day he boarded the bus and headed off to Kindergarten with a backpack almost the size of him! He grinned ear to ear the day he and his dad along with a friend of ours pulled back to shore and announced Bryant had caught the largest fish of the day! The day we filled bags with autumn leaves and covered the dining room floor to play in them because it was just way too cold to play outside seems like yesterday. Bry and I spent many years togethor homeschooling with his sister and traveled everywhere learning all we could. He and his dad spent many hours and years on the road traveling to and from soccer. Bringing home his first car was a day he had looked forward to forever. Bry has so quickly grown and turned from the cute baby to the handsome young son we are so very proud of! To watch him with friends, to listen as he drums, to close my eyes as he conquers the rock climbs over the ocean waves, these are the moments that make me realize that in just a blink of the eye he has grown up and is no longer a boy but a man! He fills his days making plans to skimboard, playing his drum with friends at local clubs, and choosing a college. It has been an amazing path, walking with him as he has grown! I am happy to have been a part of his life all these years! I have been blessed and yes, in just the blink of an eye, my son has become a Man! May your life be blessed Bry!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sharon - have you ever considered writng a novel? You way with words touches my heart and leaves me waiting to read - the next chapter. Marcia

Anonymous said...

Of course - I will never write - as I don't proof read! ~ youR way with words - ok :-)