Monday, July 18, 2005

Exploring

Wayne has claimed amazement at the fact that no matter how many times he treaveled with my Father, he was always spending half the drive listening as my father would point out one coyote after another. My Dad could spot wildlife miles away and this always shocked Wayne, as he says until traveling with Jim, he had never seen a coyote in the wild. Wayne too, has this skill even though he does not realize it at times. For Wayne, his sightings come by the side of the ocean. For my 41st birthday, we spent the weekend at the ocean. I had said all I wanted for my birthday was a sand dollar. Wayne with the help of the children was able to find not just one, but 41 sand dollars to present me for a breathtaking gift! As he strolls the beach, Wayne's head is often down and you can sit and watch as he searches for hidden treasures. Some are special finds of shells, rocks, gold flecks,etc. Then there are those of live crabs hidden way beneath rocks in crevices. His explorations bring back that pure, childlke grin so many of us have been priviledged to see spread across his face as he is filled with pure joy!

No comments: