Monday, June 06, 2005

The Farmers' Market In All its Glory!
AHHH! My favorite blessings surround me! I have grown to wait anxiously for Saturday morning when I can climb out of bed, pour my coffee, scan over the paper, then head to the Farmers' Market to take in all the amazing gifts this valley has provided. Each week has new surprises waiting for me. The smells are like none other. I know I have spoken of this previously but to walk through filtered light under a vine covered arbor and smell the fresh coffee, the dusty breads, the sweet syrup of the fruits and the comfort of tamales steaming, is one the most romantic settings of all! I live for Saturday mornings!!! This one was equally amazing. I however enticed my husband to join me so he could enjoy as well as take some pics this weekend. The people! The earthy smell of the plants!!! The brothers who have spent all night baking breads and now take turns sleeping in the car while one spends time sharing their breads with us all! The secrets shared about life, medicinal remedies, and the pure delight of tasting these many treasures! I have my favorites as we do in all of life and it is always fun to stop and talk a bit with theses vendors. They always have new bits of information to pass on to me. I have learned among many things, how to prepare and serve prickly pear cactus, also that a teaspoon of local honey a day will lessen your allergies, and that the soft patches on the outer side of the figs is the sugar coming through! I love sharing with these amazing people as well as just sitting back with a veggie tamale and watching the dance of life as it goes on all around me. This is how my husband and I ended our morning at the market this Saturday and it was truely an amazing visit once again to a land of AWE!!!

No comments: